Contact lenses are unhygienic. Beware of parasites




For glasses family, contact lenses are absolutely convenient and beautiful choice.But in daily use, improper operation can cause eyes dty, corneal damage, and may even be infected with a parasite called acanthamoeba and loss of vision.

Acanthamoeba is a tiny parasite widely distributed in the air, soil and water. It has a strong vitality. It can live between the lens and the eyeball and reproduce continuously.Once infected with the parasite, eyes become itchy, watery and afraid of light. The treatment process is long and painful.And is often difficult to recover, even can take as little as a week to lose vision permanently.

 

The presence of acanthamoeba poses a great threat to contact lens wearers.Contact lenses can easily lead to corneal damage due to improper use of lenses, improper wear, and not taking off the lens all night, creating conditions for infection.Once the cornea is cut, the acanthamoeba will invade, breed and cause inflammation

 

So, what are the high-risk behaviors that induce acanthamoeba infection?Generally wearing contact lenses swimming, shower, hands do not clean thoroughly, carelessly with tap water wash lenses and partner box and other behavior, will let the lens be contaminated by parasites, and then infect the cornea.

 

Therefore, in daily use of contact lenses, must pay special attention to health and safety issues.Also want to assure standard when matching lens, especially the first check is matched, the proposal makes detailed eye ministry examination to professional ophthalmic hospital, and use strictly according to the specification and change.

Navigation